Happy May Day!
Groovy Girl and I usually do the whole May basket celebration, which is something I enjoyed as a child and is now fun to do with her and her friends. This year we had a church event to help at and didn't get home until 3-ish and I truly needed a nap. Needless to say no May baskets happened and Groovy Girl's answer when I said "sorry"-"that's okay, mama-there's always next year!" Love her.
I must have been blessed with a lot of reading time this month because I read a whopping 10 books! This is a lot for me as evidenced by March's total of four. I generally average about 7-8 so I'm proud of 10. Also I only count chapter books not picture books, which I read tons of every day for work. The unfortunate part is that I've only reviewed one of them so this first week of May I'm going to attempt to write a post a day about each of these so I can get caught up. They were all very, very good so writing should be easy.
- Saraswati's Way by Monika Schrader
- Moon over Manifest by Clare Vanderpoole
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- The Sister's Gimm by Michael Buckley
- Not Your Mother's Casserole's by Faith Durand
- The Time-Traveling Fashionista by Bianca (ARC)
- Bitter End by Jennifer Brown (ARC)
- Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos
- I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg )
and How was your weekend?