My very first...blogger award...I am so excited!! Thank you so much to Natalie at This Purple Crayon, which is a beautifully unique blog so I'm happy she thought of me! Thank you Natalie!
•Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
I have to try to find seven different traits of mine not listed on my list of 21, over on my left sidebar so here goes:
- I stick my foot in my mouth often; (example) I went to a visitation tonight and told the family "Thank You" instead of "I am so sorry for your loss." I'm not insensitive just tongue-twisted.
- I am easy to live with-(the opposite of a high maintenance woman) or so my husband says.
- I am a vegetarian who eats locally-raised meat (odd, yes) so if I'm eating at a restaurant I will only order veggie options but in my own home I might have bacon from a local farmer's market. My switch to part-time meat-eater came after reading Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Mineral plus I had several blood tests done, showing that I have a serious anemia issue. Does this make me high-maintenance?-luckily, my family doesn't think so!!
- As a young child I had open heart surgery on my mitral valve twice...thus the wide gap between my two naturally-born children.
- Both of these sweet children were premature (3 lbs, 4 ozs, and 4 lbs, 4 ozs) yet fully developed and healthy!
- I am an eternal optimist, generally happy and try to see the good in all.
- I was a bartender and worked for years in the restaurant business before I went to graduate school to get my degree in Library Science. People are generally surprised by this. Oh, and I have a tattoo of Winnie-the-Pooh!
Okay, that wasn't so hard.
Here are my 7 favorite bloggers where I try to read everyday!
- Tina at Books are my thing
- Janssen at Everyday Reading
- Jenners at Find Your Next Book Here
- Lisa at Books, Lists, Life
- Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea
- Julie P. at Booking Mama
Please check out these marvelous blogs! Happy Reading!
Thank you again to Natalie of This Purple Crayon for thinking of me!!
Now I have to stop blogging so I can watch a movie and eat popcorn with my night owl husband.