- Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Library)
- Changing Heart by Jodi Piccoult (my own shelf)
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman (Library)
- Fire by Kristin Cashore (library)
- Babymouse by Jennifer L. Holm (library)
- Middle School is Worse Than Meatloaf by Jennifer L. Holm (library)
- Only May Amelia by Jennifer L. Holm (library)
- Sisters Grimm (4) by Michael Buckley (Library/g.g.)
- Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer L. Holm (library)
- Forever (Mercy Falls Book 3) by Maggie Stiefvater
- One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus (my own shelf)
I'm happy when I've read more than a handful of good books in a month; even during summer when I should have plenty of free time. July's been a good and joyful month with lots of cooking and friends but with enough leftover spare moments to read.
Groovy Girl's 45 minute swim lesson have provided me with lots of quiet time to read. The graduate class I complained about gave me the opportunity to read a bunch of Jennifer L. Holm's books and I have a post planned to share those. I finished off Stiefvater's Mercy Falls series which I loved and hated to see end. I read two of Cashore's Seven Kingdoms series and look forward to where she takes these interesting characters.
I can't pick a favorite. They've all provided me with a different experience, even the titles by the same authors. Where did your July reading take you?
I'm off to a good start for August as I finished Where She Went by Gayle Forman last night with a free flow of tears and several tissues. Now I'm working my way through Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly. I have three more weeks before school begins. Bliss.
The Sisters Grimm by Michael Buckley
Where She Went by Gayle Forman
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Jennifer L. Holm discussion