The Broke and the Bookish host this weekly meme. Today we celebrate at the proverbial table to give thanks to those whom we love and those that keep us reading. This was an easy list to create and if you'd like to play along or just read other lists click to their site and find many more authors and books.
I'm thankful for:
2. J.K. Rowling-She brought magic back to reading and I will always be grateful to her for that. I loved the anticipation of getting a new one in the mail from Amazon and cracking open the cover, not letting go until it was finished.
3. Jodi Piccoult-I've enjoyed her books and her willingness to bring unique topics to light.
4. Kate DiCamillo; Love all of her books especially The Tale of Desperaux, Winn-Dixie, and Edward Tulane.
5. Mildred D. Taylor- As I read about Cassie Logan and her family's struggles I fell in love with historical fiction.
6. Stephen King-In college I read a lot of his books and spent one freezing weekend in a cabin on the outskirts of Duluth and the main source of entertainment was me reading some of his short stories aloud to several friends. It was perfectly creepy.
7. Maya Angelou-Phenomenal Woman.
8. David Leviathan-Love his humor and and his memorable characters.
9. Rick Riordan-Like J.K. Rowling I will always be thankful that Mr. Riordan keeps boys (and girls) reading and hungering for more.
10. Suzanne Collins-Before The Hunger Games there was Gregor and I cheered for him.
11. Cornelia Funke-Just for Inkheart. I heart this book so much.
I know I could have come up with more and I'm sure throughout my day I might think of others but off the top of my head this is my list. Enjoy. What ten authors are you thankful for?