I've always wanted to play along with The Broke and the Bookish meme and today I'm avoiding another post I need to write so it seems like the perfect day to play along. Today's topic is top ten of any genre.
Peaceful Reader's Top Ten Historical Fiction Novels for YA and elementary
1. The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly
2. Moon over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
3. The Red Umbrella by Christina Diaz Gonzalez
4. Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
5. One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
6. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
7. A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
8. The Ransom of Mercy Carter by Caroline B. Cooney
9. Esperanza Rising by Pamela Munoz Ryan
10. The Devil's Arithmetic by Jane Yolen
Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis
A Thousand Never Evers by Shana Burg
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
So enlightening to browse back through old lists, reminding myself of all these wonderful books. Thanks for the joy. Now back to that other writing I need done for tomorrow!